To exploratory testing especially in platform apps you should test in two platform Android and iOS. Not only when doing testing, may be you going to present something in a meeting, and the content is in a mobile app or mobile screen.
So I did search some tips how to connect and mirror your smartphone screen in mac. There is some tips you can use:
1. Using third party support: Vysor for android user
Before seeing the instructions please make sure that you connected your Android smartphone with your mac through USB cable.
When mirroring an android device, you need a third party support. I recommend using Vysor. Install this tool to mirror your android phone on Mac or PC.
Note: USB debugging should be enabled on your android device with PTP mode (i.e. not charging mode MTS)
- Connect your android smartphone to your Mac
- When you connect for the first time, the mobile os will ask for a USB debugging permission. Accept it by tapping OK.
- Vysor will install an APK on your device to sync.
- After few seconds you can see your mobile screen on your Mac through the Vysor window.
- The next time you connect your phone, Vysor will auto detect your phone and come with a mirror screen.
That’s it for Android.
2. Using Quick Time Player for iOS user
Same like Android please make sure that you connected your iphone with your mac through USB cable.
- Launch Quick Time Player in your Mac.
- Select New Movie Recording under File Menu (⌘+⌥ + N)
- In the popup window select the down arrow near record button.
- Choose the iPhone as your camera and microphone if needed.
That’s it. Now you are mirroring the iPhone screen on your Mac.
3. Connect with no cable!
In third method, we don’t need cable. This tips I share for android device only because I couldn’t find how to in connect using iphone.
Before start, make sure you follow this requirement:
- To connect a device, we need IP address. How to get IP Address?
- Go to
- Go to
- Go to
- See the
- To mirroring we will use the
scrcpybecause it doesn’t need to install anything in the device. How to install
- Please run
$ brew install scrcpy.
- Please run
$ brew cask install android-platform-toolsif you doesn’t have adb.
After we do the requirement, let’s connect then mirroring to mac:
- Make sure real device and laptop are using the same connection (ex: mac and my android connected to “fitrinet”)
- Set your android to be debugable
- First, you have to connect with usb android to your mac
- Open iterm/terminal in your mac
adb devicesin terminal, then will show serial number android (
List of devices attached
$ adb tcpip 5555*start next step, unplug usb
adb connect [IP android:5555]. Text
connected to [IP address android]will showed
$ scrcpy --serial <real device IP address>:5555
- Your android screen will appear in mac screen and you can remote it
How? Easy right? Hope this post will help you to gain knowledge about mirroring a smartphone screen on your Mac. If I have a missed, I open to discuss ya. Thankyou!